PRE Q GRADER
Out of stock
Are you considering becoming a Q Grader but don’t know how to prepare? This comprehensive 3-session course is designed for you.
The Q Grader program is a certification that will elevate your cupping skills to the highest level, enabling you to purchase green coffee, select roast profiles, score coffees, choose varieties and processes, and, of course, understand each origin.
The best way to learn is from the knowledge of another Q Grader, in this case, Ivette Vera, who has been working in specialty coffee as a barista and QC (Quality Control) at Nomad for 6 years, in addition to being the director of The Coffee Academy.
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE INCLUDE?
- Explanation of the Q Grader protocol and the 19 tests you will be evaluated on
- Cupping skills: Learn to differentiate coffees based on their origin and processing
- Sensory skills: Intensity and interaction of basic tastes (acidic, sweet, and salty)
- Olfactory skills: Using an aroma kit, we will teach you how to group aromas into their 4 categories: enzymatic, sweet, dry distillation, and defects.
- Triangulation: Identifying the different coffee within a trio.
- Acid cupping
- Quality and defects in green coffee
- Quality and defects in roasted coffee and the types of roasts that exist.
The Pro Barista: Pre-Q Grader course has a cost of €590 per person and takes place at our roastery located at Carrer Marroc 160, 08019 Barcelona. The schedule is from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, with a lunch break included in the price. The workshop is conducted in Spanish.
During the week of the course, we will send you an email reminding you of our appointment. See you soon!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
At The Coffee Academy, we strive to provide a high-quality learning experience to all our students. However, we reserve the right to reschedule the course date or provide a full refund if the minimum attendance of 2 participants is not met.
We are committed to your satisfaction and will do our best to accommodate your needs and ensure you get the most out of your experience with us.
Additionally, it is possible to pay for this course in 3 installments with PayPal at the checkout.
The Coffee Academy is not responsible for the Q Grader program’s approval, but we are responsible for providing you with training to help you achieve it with the best instructors.
For any additional information, please email us at email@example.com.